Town Polytechnic Ballia, has established by late Murali Babu first MP of Ballia as the Civil Engineering School in 1957. In 1962 this Institute was included in the list of Govt. Aided Institution.It has also the honour of being the first technical institute of the district. Since 1966. Diploma courses in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering were also introduced subsequently.In 1974 Automobile Engineering was also added with the prescribed syllabus. In 1987 Automobile Engineering course was merged into mechanical Engineering and a two year stenography course was started so as to make woman progress in technical education.
This multidisciplineary is situated about 2 km away from Railway Station Ballia and 1.5 km from Bus Stand. In this institute students gets Three Years Diploma in Civill Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering(Production), Mechanical Engineering(Automobile) and Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice. Town Polytechnic, Ballia is a co-educational college and has a team of dedicated faculty who always engage themselves in the development of their students. The Institute is owned by Government of Uttar Pradesh & affiliated to the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh.